32 How Important God’s Love Is to Man
Accompaniment: The picture of “God’s Command to Adam” in the scriptures is a moving and heartwarming picture. Though there is only God and man in it, the intimacy between them is so worthy of envy:
1. God’s profuse love is gratuitously bestowed upon man, gratuitously bestowed upon man, surrounds man; man is naive and innocent, unencumbered and carefree, blissfully living under God’s eye; God shows concern for man, while man lives under God’s protection and blessing, lives under God’s protection and blessing; every single thing man does and says is closely linked to and inseparable from God.
2. God has had a responsibility toward man since the moment He created him. What is His responsibility? He has to protect man, He has to protect man, to look after man. He hopes man can trust and obey His words. This is also God’s first expectation of man. This is also God’s first expectation of man.
3. It is with this expectation that God says the following: “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die, for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.” These simple words represent God’s will. They also reveal that God’s heart has already begun to show concern for man.
4. In these few simple words, we see God’s heart. Is there love in God’s heart? Does it have any concern in it? God’s love and concern can not only be appreciated by people, but it can also well and truly be felt. If you are a person with a conscience, with humanity, you would feel warmth, you would feel cared for and loved, and you would feel happiness.
5. When you feel these things, how will you act toward God? Would you feel attached to God? Would you love and respect God from the bottom of your heart? Would your heart grow closer to God? You can see from this just how important God’s love is to man. But what is even more crucial is man’s appreciation and comprehension of God’s love. You can see from this just how important God’s love is to man. But what is even more crucial is man’s appreciation and comprehension of God’s love.
from “God’s Work, God’s Disposition, and God Himself I” in The Word Appears in the Flesh