I. Typical Testimonies of the Christians and Catholics in Mainland China Who Turned to Almighty God Because of Receiving Dreams and the Revelations of the Holy Spirit
40. Niu XX, female, aged 50, from Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, formerly a believer in the Local Church. In July 2001, a sister preached Almighty God’s new work to me twice in a row. I did not want to accept it, but I reluctantly kept the book of God’s word. Two days later, I had a dream: I was walking on a mountain alone. But on the ground under my feet there were many stones and broken tiles and I could not find a place to put my feet. The slope ahead was bumpy and there was simply no path for me to walk. So I shouted to the people on the mountain to help me find a path to the top, yet nobody knew. Just when I was at a dead end, suddenly it seemed that someone scattered a handful of something like sand before me. All at once, a path to the top was opened. After waking up, I thought to myself, “Now I am in a hole indeed. Has God made a way for me by sending that sister to preach the gospel?” However, I was still doubtful and could not make myself certain. Two more days after, I had another dream, in which I saw a flock of sheep. Some were moving forward, some moving back, and some grazing at the roadside. I asked a sister curiously, “Why is this?” The sister in the dream said, “The Lord’s sheep can know the Lord’s voice, so they follow the master and move forward.” After I woke up, I pondered over the scenes in the dream and felt curious. Several days afterward, I felt an urge to have a look at the cover of the book of God’s word given by that sister. So I took off its wrapper and saw that the sheep featured on the cover looked so familiar, as if I had seen them somewhere. “Oh, in my dream.” Only then did I realize that by these two dreams God revealed to me so that I, a lost lamb, could have the opportunity to return to God’s family. So I accepted God’s new work joyfully.
41. Liu XX, female, aged 35, from Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, formerly a preaching co-worker in the Pentecostal Church. On September 18, 2002, I accepted Almighty God’s new work, yet in mid-October I rejected the true way because of being disturbed by the leader in my former church. One afternoon in late October, I returned to my former church and attended their meeting, but unexpectedly I was rebuked and abused by them. And I was in great torment. On that evening, I fell down before God and cried, “O God! Please help me, give me discernment. Is Almighty God’s work the true way? …” After praying, I fell asleep with tears. In my dream, I saw that the people of my former church were fiercely pulling a lady to crucify her forcibly. I cried, “Don’t crucify her. … Don’t crucify her. …” Even at this moment, the lady still looked perfectly calm. She said to me kindly, “Don’t cry. They can do nothing to me. I do not repeat my work but I come to do the perfecting work.” I woke up with a start from the dream and immediately realized that Almighty God had really done a new work. Inspired by the revelation of my dream, I swore, “I will never leave Almighty God again no matter who disturbs me.”
42. Wang XX, female, aged 60, from Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, formerly a Catholic. On July 5, 2000, when my younger sister preached to me the new work Almighty God does in the end time, I was dubious about it. But as she was my sister in the flesh, I was ashamed to refuse, so I kept the book of God’s word and accepted it reluctantly. Because I had doubts all the time and also because my fellow believers often came to disturb me, I wavered painfully for a year.
At noon on July 20, 2001, after lunch I picked up the book of God’s word to read, but could not take it in. So I went to bed and fell asleep. Then in my dream I saw my mother (a Catholic), who had passed away over a year, appeared before me. She said, “You should follow God firmly and read about the three stages of works carefully.” I immediately nodded and said OK, but my mother suddenly disappeared. I woke up with a start from the dream. I pondered what my mother said in the dream over and over again and finally saw the light: “God loves me, so he reminds me through the dream to strengthen my faith in him. I shouldn’t hesitate, waver, or doubt anymore.” So I fully accepted God’s new work. Now my husband and children have all accepted God’s new work. Up to today, I still feel really grateful to God whenever I think of that dream.
43. Zhao XX, female, aged 34, from Hebei Province, formerly a believer in the Justification by Faith Church. At the end of November 2002, my younger sister preached Almighty God’s gospel to me, but I did not believe and said it was false. My sister told me that she accepted after receiving God’s revelation in a dream, and I said that I would believe too if I could receive a revelation from God in my dream. At the end of December, my sister preached Almighty God’s gospel to me again. I was caught in a dilemma, not knowing what to do. … On the night of January 31, 2003, I went to my dream with mixed feelings. And I dreamed that several friends and I were walking together. All of a sudden, floods were surging from our forward side as we were walking. Meanwhile it began to snow heavily, all the ground froze over, and fire burned here and there. So we immediately took to our heels, and waterballs and fireballs closely pursued us behind. Having run a lot of time, we got exhausted. But ahead of us stood a mountain and we had no way to go. I said, “Now we’re done for. We’ll surely die!” At that moment a man suddenly appeared from behind. The man said, “Don’t lose heart. Climb to the top of the mountain, and you’ll be saved.” Then he took one friend and me by the hands to climb up. The other two did not believe him and were swallowed by the water and fire. After many efforts, we got to the top, but the man disappeared. Before our eyes lay a beautiful scene: All the people there, dressed in summer clothes, were singing and dancing…. So we took off our winter clothes and put on summer clothes, and then joined them in singing and dancing. When I woke up the next morning, I immediately told that dream to my sister and mother. They said, “Thank God! It was God who revealed this to you in the dream. Accept this stage of God’s work now and follow Almighty God firmly.” At that moment, I woke up to the fact that God was revealing to me in the dream and guiding me to turn to him. He did not want me to become the son of sinking or perdition, but wanted to lead me into the pleasant destination. I was really grateful to Almighty God!
44. Hai XX, female, aged 57, from Shanghai, formerly a believer in the Justification by Faith Church. On August 11, 2001, at past one in the afternoon, I was praying at home. Suddenly I clearly heard a voice calling my name and saying, “Go to Tang X!” I was astonished, “I’m alone at home. Where is the voice from? I haven’t been in contact with Tang X for years. Has any accident happened to her?” For the whole afternoon, I felt uneasy and kept thinking of that word. The next morning, I rushed to Tang X’s home and told her what had happened the day before. At this she said to me gladly, “It is all because of God’s guidance that you come to my home today.” Then she fellowshipped about God’s end-time work with me. After listening to it, I felt very excited and accepted God’s new work at once.
45. Liu XX, female, aged 66, from Zhejiang Province, formerly a leader in the Head Covering sect. One day in late April 2002, a brother testified Almighty God’s end-time work to me. And I was not certain about it though I accepted the book of God’s word. The next morning at four o’clock, I was praying to God for his leading, and suddenly a clear voice said to me, “The Age of the Law has passed, the Age of the Grace has passed, and the new age has come.” I was glad to hear that, but I still could not make up my mind. Early one morning several days later, I knelt down on the floor with my back toward the bed and prayed to the Lord with a heavy heart, “O Lord! What should I do? Should I read the book the brother gave to me? …” After my prayer, I was amazed to find that the book of God’s word and the Bible, which were piled up at the head of my bed, were no longer in their original place, and that the book of God’s word lay before me, and the Bible beside my foot. At that time a voice said to me in my heart, “Read God’s word! Read God’s word!” So I opened the book of God’s word and read it until two in the afternoon. I felt much enlightened and had enjoyment within. Thank God for his guidance. I was made certain about God’s new work.
46. Ye XX, female, aged 33, from Zhejiang Province, formerly a believer in the Head Covering sect. One day in mid-October 2001, a sister preached Almighty God’s end-time gospel to me, and I did not accept it because I could not pass the name “Almighty God.” That night, I dreamed that I was walking down a slope. I went faster and faster in spite of myself. And the further I went, the darker it became; I felt as if I had got to Hades. When I realized that I had taken a wrong way, I hurriedly turned and ran back. All of a sudden, a huge black thing blocked my way. I found it equally difficult to advance or retreat, and my heart leapt into my mouth. “Almighty God, help me! Almighty God, help me!” I blurted out, crying it several times. The black thing slowly moved away and a beam of light appeared ahead. So I walked toward the light. After I woke up, I pondered the dream over and over again and realized that it was Almighty God’s revelation. Thus I no longer dared to doubt.
47. Liu XX, female, aged 70, from Jiangxi Province, formerly a common believer in the Three-Self sect. I believed in the Lord for twenty years. In recent years, I saw that the elders and pastors in our sect scrambled for power and position and engaged in jealousy and strife. What they said at every meeting was just to tell us not to receive any stranger and even less to accept the way of Almighty God, and they supplied nothing to us. So I constantly prayed for the Lord to lead me so that I could find a church with life supply.
On the night of April 4, 2003, I had a dream in which I was on my way to attend a worship service. Suddenly I fell into a pit between the rails. Greatly fearing that the train would come, I struggled onto the rail; but I could not move any further, as I felt pain all over. So I kept crying to the Lord Jesus for his help. Shortly afterward, I saw two ladies walking toward me from the west. One was about seventy, not tall, and dressed in black pants and a blue coat with a pattern of small flowers on it. The other was about forty, a little taller, and dressed in black pants and a white coat with a pattern of small flowers. They both wore short hair, and looked kind and gentle. They helped me up and said, “Granny, don’t sit on the rail. It’s dangerous. Come along with us to Almighty God. Tomorrow we’ll come to your home to see you.” Then I woke up and pondered: “Is the Lord, in the dream, revealing to me that Almighty God is the true God?”
The next morning at nine o’clock, there were really two sisters who came to my home. I saw that they were exactly the two ladies I had met in my dream. So I was convinced that the Lord was revealing it to me in the dream. The sister in her forties carefully fellowshipped with me about the reason why the believers were passive and weak in the end time and about the three stages of God’s works. After listening, I accepted God’s end-time work gladly.