73. The Principles of Expulsion From the Church
(1) Evil people who do not at all love or accept the truth, and who are even capable of causing frequent disruptions to church life, must be expelled;
(2) Those whose understanding is absurd, who are particularly arrogant, and who often harbor notions and misunderstandings toward God and pass their judgments on Him, must face expulsion;
(3) Those with a constant ambition to control God’s chosen people by fomenting dissatisfaction with leaders and workers belong to the category of antichrists and must face expulsion;
(4) All manner of nonbelievers and evil people who cannot in the least accept the truth or being pruned and dealt with, and who are, moreover, capable of multifarious acts of evil, must be expelled;
(5) Those who are possessed by demons or in whom evil spirits are at work, and who, moreover, frequently spread falsehoods, deceiving others and disrupting church life, must be expelled;
(6) Those who frequently misappropriate or are profligate with offerings to God and who, under a variety of pretexts, covet offerings to Him, must, in all serious cases, be expelled;
(7) One proven by evidence to have engaged often in romantic affairs and promiscuity, and to have been particularly wicked, thereby exerting an extremely bad influence on others, and who, despite repeated expostulation, refuses to change their ways must be expelled;
(8) False leaders and antichrists who commit serious violations of work arrangements and go rogue, causing disorder in the church and ensnaring God’s chosen people, must be expelled;
(9) Any who would betray the Lord or their fellows and ensnare the church in service to the great red dragon, regardless of their prior records of performance, must face expulsion;
(10) If a person is to be expelled, the church must have adequate evidence that is entirely consistent with the facts, and a majority of members must concur.
Relevant Words of God:
In the nation of the great red dragon, I have carried out a stage of work unfathomable to human beings, causing them to sway in the wind, after which many quietly drift away with the blowing of the wind. Truly, this is the “threshing floor” I am about to clear; it is what I yearn for and it is also My plan. For many wicked ones have crept in while I am at work, but I am in no hurry to drive them away. Rather, I shall disperse them when the time is right. Only after that shall I be the fountain of life, allowing those who truly love Me to receive from Me the fruit of the fig tree and the fragrance of the lily. In the land where Satan sojourns, the land of dust, there remains no pure gold, only sand, and so, meeting with these circumstances, I do such a stage of work. You should know that what I gain is pure, refined gold, not sand. How can the wicked remain in My house? How can I allow foxes to be parasites in My paradise? I employ every conceivable method to drive these things away. Before My will is revealed, no one is aware of what I am about to do. Taking this opportunity, I drive away those wicked ones, and they are forced to leave My presence. This is what I do to the wicked, but there will still be a day for them to do service for Me.
Excerpted from “The Seven Thunders Peal—Prophesying That the Gospel of the Kingdom Shall Spread Throughout the Universe” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
Now, as soon as possible, I wish to make a group of people who are after My heart, a group of people who are able to be considerate of My burdens. However, I cannot refrain from cleansing and purifying My church; the church is My heart. I despise all the evil people who prevent you from eating and drinking of My word. This is because there are some other people who do not truly want Me. These people are full of deceit, they do not get close to Me with their true heart; they are evil, and they are people who obstruct the carrying out of My will; they are not people who put the truth into practice. These people are full of self-righteousness and arrogance, they are wildly ambitious, they love to be condescending, and though the words they speak are pleasant to hear, in secret they do not practice the truth. These evil people shall all be cut off and swept away; they shall languish amid disaster.
Excerpted from “Chapter 24” of Utterances of Christ in the Beginning in The Word Appears in the Flesh
Those among brothers and sisters who are always giving vent to their negativity are lackeys of Satan, and they disturb the church. Such people must one day be expelled and eliminated. In their belief in God, if people do not have a heart of reverence for God, if they do not have a heart of obedience toward God, then not only will they be unable to do any work for Him, but on the contrary will become those who disturb His work and who defy Him. Believing in God but not obeying or revering Him, and instead resisting Him, is the greatest disgrace for a believer. If believers are just as casual and unrestrained in their speech and conduct as unbelievers are, then they are even more evil than unbelievers; they are archetypal demons. Those who give vent to their poisonous, malicious talk within the church, who spread rumors, foment disharmony, and form cliques among the brothers and sisters—they should have been expelled from the church. Yet because now is a different era of God’s work, these people are restricted, for they face certain elimination. All who have been corrupted by Satan have corrupt dispositions. Some have nothing more than corrupt dispositions, while others are different: Not only do they have corrupt satanic dispositions, but their nature is also extremely malicious. Not only do their words and actions reveal their corrupt, satanic dispositions; these people are, moreover, the genuine devil Satan. Their behavior interrupts and disturbs God’s work, it impairs the brothers’ and sisters’ entry into life, and it damages the normal life of the church. Sooner or later, these wolves in sheep’s clothing must be cleared out; an unsparing attitude, an attitude of rejection, should be adopted toward these lackeys of Satan. Only this is standing on the side of God, and those who fail to do so are wallowing in the mire with Satan. People who genuinely believe in God always have Him in their hearts, and they always carry within them a God-revering heart, a God-loving heart. Those who believe in God should do things cautiously and prudently, and all that they do should be in accordance with God’s requirements and able to satisfy His heart. They should not be headstrong, doing whatever they please; that does not befit saintly propriety. People must not run amok, waving the flag of God all over the place while swaggering and swindling everywhere; this is the most rebellious sort of conduct. Families have their rules, and nations have their laws—and isn’t it even more so in the house of God? Aren’t the standards even stricter? Aren’t there even more administrative decrees? People are free to do what they want, but the administrative decrees of God cannot be altered at will. God is a God who does not tolerate offense from humans; He is a God who puts people to death. Do people really not know this already?
Every church has people who cause trouble for the church or meddle in the work of God. They are all Satans who have infiltrated the house of God in disguise. Such people are good at acting: They come before Me with great reverence, bowing and scraping, living like mangy dogs, and devoting their “all” to achieve their own objectives—but in front of the brothers and sisters, they show their ugly side. When they see people who practice the truth, they strike out at them and shove them aside; when they see people more formidable than themselves, they flatter and fawn upon them. They run wild in the church. It can be said that such “local bullies,” such “lapdogs,” exist in the majority of churches. They act devilishly together, sending each other winks and secret signals, and none of them practices the truth. Whoever has the most venom is the “head demon,” and whoever has the highest prestige leads them, bearing their flag aloft. These people rampage through the church, spreading their negativity, venting death, doing as they please, saying what they please, and no one dares to stop them. They brim with the disposition of Satan. No sooner do they cause a disturbance than an air of death enters the church. Those within the church who practice the truth are cast out, unable to give their all, while those who disturb the church and spread death run rampage within—and, what’s more, most people follow them. Such churches are ruled by Satan, plain and simple; the devil is their king. If the congregants do not rise up and reject the head demons, then they, too, will sooner or later come to ruin. From now on, measures must be taken against such churches. If those who are capable of practicing a little of the truth do not seek to, then that church will be expunged. If a church contains no one who is willing to practice the truth and no one who can stand witness for God, then that church should be completely isolated, and its connections with other churches must be severed. This is called “burying death”; this is what it means to cast out Satan. If a church contains several local bullies, and they are followed by “little flies” that entirely lack discernment, and if the congregants, even after having seen the truth, are still incapable of rejecting the binds and manipulation of these bullies, then all those fools will be eliminated in the end. These little flies might not have done anything terrible, but they are even more deceitful, even more slick and evasive, and everyone like this will be eliminated. Not a single one shall remain! Those who belong to Satan will be returned to Satan, while those who belong to God will surely go in search of the truth; this is decided by their natures. Let all those who follow Satan perish! No pity will be shown to such people. Let those who search for the truth be provided for, and may they take pleasure in God’s word to their hearts’ content. God is righteous; He would not show favoritism to anyone. If you are a devil, then you are incapable of practicing the truth; if you are someone who searches for the truth, then it is certain that you will not be taken captive by Satan. This is beyond all doubt.
Excerpted from “A Warning to Those Who Do Not Practice the Truth” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
The majority of people have committed transgressions. For example, some have resisted God, some have rebelled against Him, some have spoken words of complaint against Him, and others have done things that were detrimental to the church or that did damage to God’s house. How should these people be treated? Their outcomes will be determined according to their natures and their consistent behavior. Some people are wicked, some are foolish, some are silly, and some are beasts. Everyone is different. Some wicked people are possessed by evil spirits, while others are the lackeys of the devil Satan. With regard to their natures, some are particularly sinister, some are particularly deceitful, some are especially greedy when it comes to money, and others enjoy being sexually promiscuous. Every person’s behavior is different, so people should all be viewed comprehensively in accordance with their individual natures and behavior. … God handles each person according to the environment and context at the time, the actual situation, the person’s actions, and the person’s behavior and expressions. God will never wrong anyone. This is God’s righteousness.
Excerpted from “On What Basis Does God Treat People?” in Records of Christ’s Talks
Sermon and Fellowship Excerpts for Reference:
Cleaning up the church must begin with expelling the five types of people who must be expelled. All the antichrist demons that always disturb the church work and create chaos must be thoroughly expelled in order to calm public outrage and appease God. Below is an explicit explanation of the five kinds of people that must be expelled:
1. Those who truly belong to the group of people who are possessed by demons or have the serious work of evil spirits must be expelled. This is never a mistake. All homosexuals who do not repent are possessed by demons. It is only natural that they should be expelled as well. Those who only have a slight amount of the work of evil spirits should be treated differently. For example, those who have occasionally spoken in tongues, seen visions, heard voices or had dreams, etc. They do not belong to the group that are possessed by demons. If these people pursue the truth, they can surely be saved. Therefore, it is absolutely not permitted to expel those who have a slight amount of the work of evil spirits. Those who are publicly known to be possessed by demons, including those who clearly have the work of evil spirits, can be expelled.
2. Those who truly belong to the category of false Christs and antichrists that deceive people must be expelled. This is never a mistake. All those who always think that they themselves are the firstborn sons or beloved sons of God and make people accept and submit to them, all those who bear witness that they themselves are Christ or have been sent by God to do new work, all those who refuse the guidance of the man used by the Holy Spirit and do otherwise, all those who frequently judge God’s work, speak blasphemies against God and start rumors that disparage and attack the man that the Holy Spirit uses, and all those that receive the work of evil spirits, and have boarded that pirate ship and begun to deceive people, are false Christs, antichrists, and deceivers. Some people only have a few notions when it comes to God or have a few biases when it comes to the man that the Holy Spirit uses, but they do not have a hostile heart and are able to pursue the truth and obey all of God’s work, and truly repent. Even if this kind of person occasionally says or does something wrong, they absolutely must not be treated like an antichrist and be expelled. Those who are true antichrists want to control God’s chosen people and set up an independent kingdom. There are those that do not follow the work arrangements from the Above when they do work and instead, do something entirely different or even reject the work arrangements, sermons and fellowships from the Above based on the excuse that they are suspicious of whether these arrangements, sermons and fellowships are true or not. They firmly control God’s chosen people in their own hands. They reject the centralized watering, provisions, and shepherding of the Above. Such people are pure antichrists. This is without a doubt. Such leaders and workers must be replaced. The more serious ones must be expelled.
3. Those that truly belong to the group of people that are Judas and sell out their Lord and fellow believers and serve on behalf of Satan to capture their brothers and sisters must be expelled. This is never a mistake. If someone, after having been captured, confesses only a little bit of information but does not help Satan monitor or capture their brothers and sisters, and if that person has performed relatively well in the past and shown repentance, then they should not be expelled. Isolate them for three to five months so they can reflect on themselves. If there is no huge problem, then they can be reinstated into church life. For someone whose humanity is bad and who in the past has not done any good deeds, if they have been captured and they become a Judas, then they can be expelled. If they have become an accomplice of Satan and they do service for the great red dragon and help it to monitor and arrest the brothers and sisters, this person must be expelled. It is never wrong to expel these kinds of people who betray God and serve as Satan’s accomplice to harm God’s chosen people.
4. Those who are truly evil people must be expelled. This is never wrong. There are the following types of evil people: There are those who persistently disrupt church life, form gangs, sow dissension, and break apart the church—these are rotten apples who cannot get along with others and whom everyone detests; another type of evil people includes those who are apt to sue the church or its leaders—such people are capable of doing all sorts of bad things; another group includes those who consistently commit adultery, refuse to repent, and negatively influence people; and lastly, there are those who, in order to protect their personal status, are capable of recklessly suppressing and entrapping God’s chosen people, and even of casually expelling others, and who are categorized as antichrists. These kinds of people are truly evil people. Only those who have been publicly acknowledged and determined by everyone in the church to be evil should be expelled. As for people who have only done an evil deed once, committed a transgression, or committed an offense against a leader, people in such situations must not be expelled as evil people. Committing an evil action once belongs to the same category as a transgression. This does not mean that the person is evil. Only those who do many and varied evils are evil people. If someone has committed a transgression, as long as they are capable of repentance, they still have a hope of being saved. Such a person absolutely should not be expelled. Only those who are publicly known to be evil people should be expelled.
5. Those who squander, steal, misappropriate, and defraud the church of God’s offerings must be expelled. Doing so is never wrong. All those who squander, misappropriate, and defraud the church of God’s offerings, or hand those offerings over to evil spirits, antichrists, or wicked people, or see that such offerings are in danger but do not deal with the situation promptly, leading to huge losses for the house of God, can be categorized as people who steal offerings. Such people must all be expelled. Those, in particular, who have embezzled large sums of money from God’s house must be expelled, and must also be chased down to repay their debts and reimburse the church for any expenses caused. If someone has used money improperly and is thus criticized by everyone, this is a transgression and should be dealt with differently. An opportunity for repentance should be given to this individual. This is the appropriate way of dealing with such a situation.
The five kinds of people listed above are the sorts that the church must expel. All those who fall into these categories are people eliminated by God’s work because they are irredeemable. Not only would such people be completely useless if they remained in God’s house, but they would cause endless trouble, because they do not possess humanity, do not have the slightest bit of reverence for God, and are entirely of Satan’s ilk. Although what these people do is similar to the expression of corruption outwardly, they are not people who really believe in God, much less people who love and pursue the truth, and they are not in the category of people who will be saved by God. As stated in God’s words: “All who have been corrupted by Satan have corrupt dispositions. Some have nothing more than corrupt dispositions, while others are different: Not only do they have corrupt satanic dispositions, but their nature is also extremely malicious. Not only do their words and actions reveal their corrupt, satanic dispositions; these people are, moreover, the genuine devil Satan” (“A Warning to Those Who Do Not Practice the Truth” in The Word Appears in the Flesh), God’s chosen people must know how to discern the real devil Satan. People who genuinely believe in God and the devil Satan both show manifestations of having a corrupt disposition, but what is the essential difference between them? This is a question God’s chosen people must fathom. As for people who genuinely believe in God, after they believe for a few years and begin to understand the truth, they can gain some knowledge of their own corrupt dispositions and achieve some reverence for God. Even if they might not have any real understanding of the truth, they cannot do things that are obviously evil and are in opposition to God. Moreover, when they are faced with being pruned and dealt with, judged and chastised, or tried and refined, they can know themselves and feel genuine remorse, and they are able to hate themselves, despise Satan, and undergo some genuine repentance and change. This is evidence that people who truly believe in God can be saved. Let’s then look at the devil Satan. They never accept the truth or self-reflect to know themselves regardless of how much evil they commit or how much pruning and dealing they face. The word “repentance” has never existed in their dictionary. This is the difference between the nature essence of real devil Satan and that of corrupted people who can pursue the truth. If God’s chosen people can distinguish them like this, then they will know which people can be saved and which are the real devil Satan and are beyond saving.
Excerpted from Work Arrangements
Those who create all sorts of chaos disturbing and disrupting God’s work and seriously affecting church work and church life are antichrist demons. Those who judge God’s work and spread notions about God are antichrist demons that directly resist God. Those who attack, judge, and malign the man used by the Holy Spirit are antichrist demons that directly resist God. As for those who spread such fallacies as the sayings, “the work of the man used by the Holy Spirit is human work; we need to listen to God, not man,” or, “even the man used by the Holy Spirit is corrupt; we only heed God, not man,” and so on, in order to deceive and disrupt others and cause them to disobey the arrangements of God’s house, such people are antichrist demons. Those who judge all leaders and workers at various levels as false, who play off the relationships among God’s chosen people and leaders and workers at all levels, and who steadfastly disrupt and disturb church work, are antichrist demons. Antichrist demons must all be expelled from the church, so that not one remains! Those linchpins and accomplices and diehard followers of the antichrist demons are the ones who belong to the same kind of the antichrist demons. They are absolutely not people who are being deluded or exploited. They must be expelled with the antichrist demons and absolutely not allowed the chance to repent. People who can be categorized as truly having been deluded by the antichrists are only those new believers who do not understand the truth at all and lack discernment, and who truly believe in God and have rather good humanity. They must be given the chance to repent. Those who have followed the antichrists but have not done any great evil, who have discovered that the antichrists are wicked people that do not have the truth, and who have later renounced the antichrists and returned to the correct path, can be exempted from being punished for their past actions. As for those who have followed gangs of antichrists into doing evil, deluding and soliciting people in the past, and who have disrupted the work of the church, they can only be exempted from expulsion if they show true repentance, expose the evil deeds of the antichrists, and openly curse and denounce them; otherwise, they must all be expelled. Some people absolutely do not accept being pruned and dealt with, and refuse to accept the truth no matter how the leaders and workers at various levels might fellowship about it to them; such people never reflect upon themselves, and have no intention at all to repent. Furthermore, they even resist and condemn leaders and workers at various levels, regarding them as thorns in their sides; they extremely hate the truth and all levels of leaders and workers, and practice the adage, “those who submit will prosper; those who resist shall perish,” brooking no exposure or criticism from anyone, as if they were saints without any corruption. They even act like thieves crying “Thief!” to make their own getaway, while framing and setting up others. Such people act as irrationally as beasts, and their truly evil and hideous satanic faces have long been exposed. They are indeed antichrist demons, who must be expelled in order to completely resolve any chaos within the church.
Excerpted from Work Arrangements
There are principles to all the work carried out by God’s house. There are principles for promoting and using people; there are also principles for purging and expelling people. In order to handle matters in accordance with principle when carrying out purging work, one must never go by people’s external behavior, but must see through to people’s essence; only in this way will one be able to discern and handle people correctly, objectively, and impartially. Such practice conforms with God’s will. When we are unable to see through to the essence of people, it is easy for us to violate principles and rigidly apply a “one rule fits all” approach. Right now, some leaders and workers understand too few truths and they are unable to see through to the essence of most people. Therefore, when matters arise, they become totally confused, and all they are able to do is rigidly follow rules. They are therefore unable to ensure that they can properly carry out the work of purging people. Before the church purges or expels a particular person, they must first understand this person’s nature essence thoroughly. At the very least, they must understand thoroughly that this person is absolutely someone who does not pursue the truth, that they basically do not possess a normal person’s conscience and sense, that they will not change no matter how many more years they believe for, and that the Holy Spirit absolutely will not work on them. This person can be purged or expelled only if everyone acknowledges that they are like this. Only in this way can it be guaranteed that there will not be any mistakes made. If people are able to completely understand God’s will in terms of which people should be saved, abandoned, or eliminated, then they will adopt correct practices when purging or expelling people, without wronging any good people and without missing any bad people. The church must base its decision of purging or expelling someone on that person’s essence. Only in this way can it be guaranteed that the decision is made in accordance with God’s will and that no mistakes will be made. For example, demon-possessed people, antichrists who continue to judge God’s work or the man used by the Holy Spirit, those who are persistently promiscuous or commit homosexual acts, and those who continue to act recklessly and disturb the work of God’s house are all expelled because by nature essence they belong to Satan and they cannot be saved. As determined by their essence, these people have not been predestined and selected by God but are wicked people and opportunists who have sneaked into God’s house. Therefore, we must expel all people like this. Such acts can never be wrong. This is because these procedures are implemented based on a person’s essence and not on their momentary transgressions. If they are implemented only based on a person’s momentary transgressions, then it is likely that some people who commit transgressions but are able to genuinely repent will be ruined. God’s family has never permitted the expulsion of people who have committed serious transgressions but are able to truly repent.
To ensure that the church acts correctly regarding the people it expels and purges, God’s house has previously stipulated that full approval from the church leaders and deacons must be obtained to purge someone. Approval must also be obtained from over 80% of the church members before someone is expelled. This principle must be adhered to. Moreover, should anyone who has previously been purged or expelled and who has comparatively good humanity, have been expelled mistakenly due to a momentary transgression, they can be invited back to resume their church life. Regarding those with evil humanity, they should be abandoned forever. When you are able to see through to people’s essence to see what kind of people they are, then it becomes much easier to carry out the work, and easier to handle matters in accordance with the principles.
Excerpted from Work Arrangements