Typical Cases of People from Christian Denominations and Sects and Catholic Churches in Shanxi Province Who Were Punished for Resisting Almighty God
177. Zhao XX, male, aged 49, from Yangquan City, a deacon of the Three-Self sect. In April 1999, someone preached Almighty God’s end-time work to him, but he resisted it vehemently and uttered blasphemies against God. He also went everywhere to seal the meeting places and disturb the others from hearing the testimony. Moreover, in the co-workers’ meetings he condemned God’s end-time work as a heresy and the fellowship about it as an evil teaching, and also instigated the brothers and sisters to reject it. On October 3, 1999, while Zhao was preaching, he was attacked by a sudden illness. He foamed at the mouth and became unconscious on the spot. On October 9, 1999, he died. This completely fulfilled the word in the Bible: “A false witness will perish.”
178. Wang XX, male, aged 58, from Jixian County, a core member of the Hua Xuehe sect. On April 12, 1999, Wang’s son-in-law (also a core member of the Hua Xuehe sect) accepted Almighty God’s end-time work. And then taking with him the person who testified to him God’s end-time work, he called twenty-seven deacons and workers of his sect together to hear the testimony. After they heard it, they all felt it good. But Wang disagreed with them, and he tried hard to disturb and frighten them, saying, “None of you should read this book. It has been drugged. Once you read, you will be deceived. Don’t hear the three-stage work; once you do, you will go with them.” Afterward, Wang busied himself with sealing the meeting places, not allowing the people to hear the testimony about God’s end-time work. Half a month later, Wang went to the home of his son-in-law and said triumphantly, “Aren’t you in charge of these people? But don’t try to take any of them away!” A few days after he said this, he became hoarse and had less appetite. Soon, he had a sore throat, shortness of breath, and a cough. Wang originally had a tumor in the left part of his thyroid, and now another one appeared in the right. A few days later, he became weak and could not even ride a bicycle. Even so, he still did not wake up. He sent his nephew and some others to drag back into his sect more than 50 people in his relative’s meeting place who had accepted God’s end-time work. After that, Wang went to the hospital for a check, and was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, which was already beyond cure. Since August 17, Wang even had difficulty in breathing, and he could only survive on oxygen. Besides that, he had to use dolantin every day to ease the pain all over his body. On September 24, he sent for his son-in-law and said to him, “Tell the people to turn to Almighty God quickly. It is the time. My illness is a punishment for resisting Almighty God. Please pray for me; I really can’t bear it anymore!” At that time, his face was bloodless, and his body was reduced to mere skin and bones and was stinking. At midday on September 26, Wang died in remorse. Not until death approached him did he repent. It was too late!
179. Guo XX, male, aged 70, from Chengjiachuan District in Lucheng City, a junior leader of the Justification by Faith Church. In the first half of 1999, someone preached God’s end-time work to him, yet he not only refused to accept but also condemned it as a cult and a heresy. In early September 1999, a brother (who used to be in the same church with him) came to preach God’s end-time work to him again, but he said, “My daughter also brought me such a book, and I threw her book on the floor right away. If it is God’s word, why didn’t God do anything to me for doing that? This is purely the heresy ‘the Eastern Lightning.’ God will never come to earth as a woman. Those guys are trying to win people’s hearts under the cover of believing in God!” Afterward, Guo sealed his meeting places and said, “Don’t hear preachings or receive people blindly, for there are too many false ways. As long as you hold on to the Bible, you can be saved.” Guo’s desperate resistance caused the local gospel work to be greatly hindered. Influenced by him, more than eighty brothers and sisters were unable to accept God’s end-time work. In early November 2000, Guo’s wife (who had vasculitis) got worse. She went to the hospital for treatment, but to no avail, and she had her hand amputated. One day in late November 2000, Guo rode his motorcycle to the hospital for medicine. On the way, he collided with a car. He was struck so hard that he bit his tongue almost off, and he lost consciousness with excessive pain. He was sent to the hospital for emergency treatment. But after six hours’ surgery, he still failed to have his life saved. At 6 o’clock that afternoon, his sinful life of resisting God ended.
180. Xia XX, male, aged 62, from Lingqiu County, a worker of the Repentance Church. Since July 1997, someone had testified to him Almighty God’s end-time work four times, and then his wife’s sister-in-law had come to his home over thirty times to testify to him Almighty God, but every time he refused to hear the preaching. Finally, Xia even informed the people of his church about the looks and characteristics of the gospel preachers and asked them to watch out, and he also told them not to receive outsiders. Moreover, he dragged six people who had accepted Almighty God back into his church. On January 12, 1998, when another sister came to preach the gospel to him, he said scornfully, “I think what you preach is never right. God can’t possibly be incarnated the second time.” With this, he drove the sister out of the door. And he also reported this to the senior leader of his church. Just at the end of January, Xia suddenly got liver cancer. Thereafter, he was bedridden. He could not eat anything and became as thin as a skeleton. Xia was tortured by the disease for eight solid months, and on September 26, 1998, he went to Hades.
181. Xi XX, female, aged 34, from Zhaobei Township in Lingqiu County, a believer of the Three-Self sect. In September 1998, her husband accepted the end-time work of Almighty God, and she strongly opposed and resisted. She tried everything she could to stop her husband from reading the book of God’s word, and also forbade him to go to meetings. One day in the winter of 1998, when her husband was reading the book of God’s word, Xi grabbed the book and tore it up. A brother who preached the gospel said to her, “That’s God’s word. God will punish you for tearing it.” But she did not take it serious at all, and finally she dragged her husband back into her sect. In April 1999, Xi suddenly went insane. She often tried to kill herself in various ways, so her family had to ask someone to keep an eye on her. On June 20, 1999, unnoticed, Xi hanged herself from a beam in an unoccupied house. This time she succeeded in killing herself.
182. Song X, male, aged 76, from Huairen County, the chairman of the Patriotic Catholic Association. In August 1999, some people preached the end-time work of Almighty God to the brothers and sisters in a local meeting place, and they all accepted it. Song had a grudge against this, so he informed the United Front Work Department, saying, “The believers in Almighty God have come. They are a cult.” He also took some village cadres to make trouble for the gospel preachers. In November 1999, Song suddenly got lung cancer, and he became paralyzed and was unable to speak. On January 15, 2000, he died. He was punished to death for resisting Almighty God and betraying the Lord for his honor.
183. Gong X, female, aged 35, from Yuanpuzi Town in Youyu County, a worker of the Way of Life Church. At the end of April 2000, when someone preached God’s end-time work to her, she yelled, “May you and your whole family be cursed. Get away! Don’t come again!” She also openly condemned God’s work in her preachings, so that the gospel work in Youyu, Shanyin, and some other places was hindered. On March 28, 2001, Gong’s husband died in a traffic accident. Her husband was in the truck 153 with the driver and another person, and he was sitting between them. But strangely, when the truck collided with an oncoming minibus, he was killed outright with his legs and arms broken, his chin thrust into his skull, and a hole knocked in the back of his head, while the other two were unhurt. On hearing the bad news, Gong was overwhelmed by grief. She cursed others but the disaster came upon herself!
184. Liu XX, male, aged 74, from Wutai County, a church leader of the Justification by Faith Church. In late October 1997, someone preached God’s end-time work to him. After he heard the testimony, he said, “If he who preached Jesus to me follows, I will follow; if he doesn’t, I won’t either.” (“He” refers to Liu’s leader.) Over two months later, that is, on January 28, 1998 (the Chinese New Year’s Day), Liu suddenly became short of breath and sweated profusely. Upon examination at the hospital, he was found to have emphysema and heart disease. In the fall of 1998, some others fellowshipped with him many times, but he said, “What you have said is all in accord with the Bible and it is the truth, but you believe in your God and I believe in mine. If others can go to hell, I can too.” After he said this, his condition became much worse. On October 18, 1998, at the Sunday meeting, Liu sat in his chair but never again stood up from it; he had gone to Hades. This is the consequence of following man! God granted his request for going to hell.
185. Wang XX, male, aged 49, from Lanxian County, the senior leader of the local Third Redemption sect. In December 1997, Wang heard that four brothers and sisters had accepted God’s end-time gospel, and he went to disturb them and said, “Don’t listen to them. They are wrong.” But these four did not listen to him. In September 1998, someone preached the gospel to the people of his sect again. After he learned of that, he went to seal the meeting places, and said, “Don’t receive strangers.” On October 27 of the same year, on Wang’s way to the meeting, there was a driverless ore-laden truck parked on the slope. When Wang approached the truck, he saw it was sliding backward, so he quickly dodged to the side of the drainage ditch near him. But the truck seemed to deliberately chase him. When sliding to his side, it swerved and directly charged toward him. Its tailgate instantly opened and the ores in it poured clattering down on him like merciless hails. Immediately, Wang’s brains were dashed out, and he was buried in the ores. Truly, misfortune pursues the wicked!
186. Chen XX, female, aged 43, from Linxian County, a senior leader of the Three Grades of Servants Church. In June 1998, after Chen heard the testimony of God’s end-time work, she accepted. But later, disturbed by some maidservants and workers, she returned to her church. Moreover, she went everywhere to seal the meeting places, and slandered and blasphemed God’s word, saying, “How can this be God’s word? It’s similar to the Red Flag magazine; I can also write it.” On January 16, 2001, a brother gave her a set of tapes of songs and songbook of praising Almighty God. Instead of cherishing this opportunity, she resisted more fiercely. On January 18, 2001 (the 24th of the twelfth month of the lunar year), taking with her some materials against Almighty God, Chen together with some workers and maidservants, a total of six people, drove a jeep to a town to seal a meeting place. About eight o’clock in the evening, when running around a curve, the jeep suddenly slammed against the side of the mountain. Because of its high speed, the jeep ricocheted off the mountainside and dropped down the precipice like a cannonball. Its tail plunged into the ice hole at the bottom of the precipice, and it could no longer move. The local villagers heard the crash and arrived to drag them out through the windows. Chen had her head badly injured with blood gushing from her mouth. No sooner had she been sent to the local hospital than she died. An out-of-town worker, Liu XX (male, aged 20), was also hurt so badly that he was covered with blood. His injuries were too severe and the local hospital did not dare to accept him, so he was sent to another hospital for emergency treatment. On January 19, 2001 (the 25th of the twelfth month of the lunar year), Liu died after all rescue measures failed. Of the other four, one was injured seriously and three slightly. They ganged together to resist God’s work, so how could they escape God’s punishment? It was just as the Bible says: “The wicked will not go unpunished!”
187. Yu XX, male, aged 64, from Pingshun County, a leader of the Justification by Faith Church. In October 1998, when God’s end-time work was spread to Pingshun, he not only refused to accept it, but he slandered it and said, “Wolves have come! Brothers and sisters, you have to watch out. They are heretics and a cult. They are ‘the Eastern Lightning’ and a false christ that deceives people.” Once, Yu met a brother who preached the gospel, and he questioned him, “Where are you from? Show me your ID card.” He also said, “My family have believed in God for three generations. You think I don’t know right from wrong? This one is definitely false.” Afterward, Yu went everywhere to seal the meeting places, and he said, “If any one of you listens and is deceived, don’t blame me for not warning you.” On Christmas day, 1998, Yu stood on the platform and sneered scornfully, “Some are true believers, and some are false. They preach the gospel just for money.” And he even pulled his collar and swore by Heaven, “If I’m wrong, may God punish me!” Only a few days after saying this, Yu did not feel well. On February 13, 1999 (the 28th of the twelfth month of the lunar year), upon examination at the hospital, he was found to have esophageal cancer. On March 2, 1999 (the Lantern Festival), Yu went to Beijing for another examination and was diagnosed with cardiac cancer. After the operation, his condition still did not get any better. Every day he was in such a pain that he huddled up in his bed weeping, and he also covered his face with a towel and did not want to see anyone.… In this way, Yu was tortured by the disease for six months. During this period, because of the pain, he was unable to eat but only survived on some milk. On August 25, 1999, Yu died. So was fulfilled the oath he had sworn before God. God removed this road-blocking tiger!
188. Han XX, male, aged 34, from Yincheng Town in Changzhi County, a preacher of the Justification by Faith Church. In October 2001, when someone preached to him God’s end-time work, he said, “You stop it. What you preach is false. No one here will accept it. Don’t try to spread your gospel in this village.” In November, another sister went to his meeting place to preach God’s end-time work to him, but he roared at her harshly, “Go! You are not allowed to worship here.” And he even furiously grabbed the sister’s arm and pulled her out. On January 29, 2002, the brothers and sisters told him some cases of punishment for resisting Almighty God, but he said, “You are talking nonsense! I don’t want to listen. It’s all deceiving.” On February 15, 2002 (the fourth day of the Chinese New Year), Han and his two unbelieving younger brothers (one was 27, and the other 31) were driving their truck home from delivering charcoal to Hebei province. At four o’clock in the morning, when crossing the Wu’an Bridge, the truck broke through the parapet and fell off the bridge of over three meters. The three brothers all died on the spot. Han and his youngest brother had their brains dashed out, which was too horrible to look at. He resisted Almighty God and was punished!
189. Ren XX, male, aged 46, from Yanggao Township of Pingshun County in Changzhi City, a junior leader of the Justification by Faith Church. In December 1998, some people preached God’s end-time work to him, but he condemned and said, “You are heretics and a cult. ‘The Eastern Lightning’ is a false christ that deceives people. I will not listen. Go away!” Later, the brothers and sisters again preached the gospel to him many times, but he still refused to accept. On December 25, 1999, Ren’s wife suddenly went insane, and she threw herself off a precipice thirty meters high and died outright with blood running from her mouth, nose, eyes, and ears. In early January 2002, when Ren learned that two sisters were preaching God’s end-time work to some brothers and sisters of his church, he rushed to the place and yelled, “You are the children of the devil and the ones who break up the church. What you preach is all false. You say that God has come, then where is he? Let me see him!” Then, he fiercely grabbed the two sisters and pulled them from inside the house to outside the gate. Since December 1998, the brothers and sisters had altogether preached to him over thirty times, but every time he refused to accept, and he stubbornly remained unrepentant. March 29, 2002 was Ren’s daughter’s wedding day, but Ren had never dreamed that the wedding would turn into a funeral. On the way escorting the bride to the house of the groom, a traffic accident occurred. One of their cars flied off a precipice over one hundred meters high, and the seven people in it were all killed: Ren’s 14-year-old and 10-year-old sons became two bloody pulps, unable to be recognized; his elder sister-in-law had her head lost nowhere; and his two nieces, his granddaughter, and the driver were all smashed beyond recognition. The scene was very horrible. Having received such a punishment, Ren was anguished. Even so, all of his relatives put the blame on him, and his only elder brother was no exception, who even beat him with a stick. Living like this, he was probably no happier than those who had died.