6. What is demonic possession? What are the manifestations of demonic possession?
Relevant Words of God:
If, during the present day, there is to emerge a person who is able to display signs and wonders, cast out demons, heal the sick, and perform many miracles, and if this person claims that they are Jesus who has come, then this would be a counterfeit produced by evil spirits which imitate Jesus. Remember this! God does not repeat the same work. Jesus’ stage of work has already been completed, and God will never again undertake that stage of work. The work of God is irreconcilable with the notions of man; for example, the Old Testament foretold the coming of a Messiah, and the result of this prophecy was Jesus’ coming. This having already happened, it would be wrong for another Messiah to come again. Jesus has already come once, and it would be wrong if Jesus were to come again this time. There is one name for every age, and each name contains a characterization of that age. In the notions of man, God must always display signs and wonders, must always heal the sick and cast out demons, and must always be just like Jesus. Yet this time, God is not like that at all. If, during the last days, God still displayed signs and wonders, and still cast out demons and healed the sick—if He did exactly the same as Jesus—then God would be repeating the same work, and the work of Jesus would have no significance or value. Thus, God carries out one stage of work in every age. Once each stage of His work has been completed, it is soon imitated by evil spirits, and after Satan begins to follow on the heels of God, God changes to a different method. Once God has completed a stage of His work, it is imitated by evil spirits. You must be clear about this.
Excerpted from “Knowing God’s Work Today” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
There are some who are possessed by evil spirits and cry out vociferously, “I am God!” Yet, in the end, they are revealed, for they are wrong in what they represent. They represent Satan, and the Holy Spirit pays them no heed. However highly you exalt yourself or however strongly you cry out, you are still a created being and one that belongs to Satan. I never cry out, “I am God, I am the beloved Son of God!” But the work I do is God’s work. Need I shout? There is no need for exaltation. God does His own work Himself and does not need man to accord Him a status or give Him an honorific title: His work represents His identity and status. Prior to His baptism, was not Jesus God Himself? Was He not the incarnate flesh of God? Surely it cannot be said that it was only after receiving witness that He became the only Son of God? Long before He began His work, was there not already a man by the name of Jesus? You are unable to bring forth new paths or to represent the Spirit. You cannot express the work of the Spirit or the words that He speaks. You are unable to do the work of God Himself, and that of the Spirit you are unable to do. The wisdom, wonder, and unfathomability of God, and the entirety of the disposition by which God chastises man—all of these are beyond your capacity to express. It would therefore be useless to try to claim to be God; you would have only the name and none of the substance. God Himself has come, but no one recognizes Him, yet He continues on in His work and does so in representation of the Spirit. Whether you call Him man or God, the Lord or Christ, or call Her sister, it does not matter. But the work He does is that of the Spirit and represents the work of God Himself. He does not care about the name by which man calls Him. Can that name determine His work? Regardless of what you call Him, as far as God is concerned, He is the incarnate flesh of the Spirit of God; He represents the Spirit and is approved by the Spirit. If you are unable to make way for a new age, or to bring the old to an end, or to usher in a new age, or to do new work, then you cannot be called God!
Excerpted from “The Mystery of the Incarnation (1)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
There are some people who, when no issues arise, are pretty normal, who talk and converse pretty normally, who seem normal, and who do not do anything bad. But when God’s words are being read in gatherings, when the truth is being fellowshiped, they suddenly start behaving abnormally. Some cannot bear to listen, some become drowsy, and some get sick, saying they feel bad and do not wish to hear anymore. They are completely without awareness—what is actually going on here? They have been possessed by an evil spirit. Why, when they have been possessed by an evil spirit, do they keep saying the words “I don’t want to hear it”? Sometimes people cannot understand what is happening here, but it is crystal clear to an evil spirit. This is the spirit within antichrists. You ask them why they are so ill-disposed toward the truth, and they say they are not, and they steadfastly refuse to acknowledge this. But in their hearts, they know that they do not love the truth. When not reading God’s words, they seem normal when engaging with others. You would not know what’s inside them. When they try and read God’s words, out come the words “I don’t want to hear it”; their nature has been exposed, and this is what they are. Have God’s words provoked them, or revealed them, or hit them where it hurts? None of the above. What has happened is that when everyone is reading God’s words, they say they do not want to hear it. Are they not wicked? (Yes.) What does it mean to be wicked? It means being so ill-disposed toward something for no discernible reason and being so ill-disposed toward positive things without even knowing why. They really want to say, “As soon as I hear the words of God, those words come out; as soon as I hear testimony to God, I feel hostile, and I don’t even know why. When I see someone who pursues the truth, or who loves the truth, I want to challenge them, I always want to scold them, to do something harmful to them behind their back, I want to kill them.” By saying this they are wicked. In fact, right from the off, antichrists have never had the spirit of a normal person and have never had normal humanity—this is what is really going on.
Excerpted from “For Leaders and Workers, Choosing a Path Is of Utmost Importance (5)” in Records of Christ’s Talks
Sermon and Fellowship Excerpts for Reference:
People possessed by demons are those who have been invaded and controlled by evil spirits. The main ways in which this is manifested in such people are having psychological disorders or being of unsound mind at times, even to the point of completely losing all normal sense of reason. Such people believe in God but are unable to accept the truth, and can only act as Satan’s servants by playing roles that create disruptions and disturbances. As a result, despite believing in God, they cannot be saved and must be expelled. People who are possessed by evil spirits primarily express themselves in the ten following ways:
1. Anyone who impersonates God or Christ is possessed by an evil spirit.
2. Anyone who impersonates the spirit of an angel is possessed by an evil spirit.
3. Anyone who claims to be another incarnation of God is possessed by an evil spirit.
4. Anyone who claims words expressed by God as their own, or asks others to treat their own words as the words of God, is possessed by an evil spirit.
5. Anyone who impersonates the man used by the Holy Spirit, and asks others to follow and obey them, is possessed by an evil spirit.
6. Anyone who often speaks in tongues, interprets tongues, can see any sort of supernatural vision, or who often hears voices in their head that command them to act, is possessed by an evil spirit.
7. Anyone who claims to be able to supernaturally hear spirits speak inside their head, who can frequently hear the voices of spirits or see ghosts, and who has visibly lost the faculties of reason, is possessed by an evil spirit.
8. Anyone who loses the mental faculties of normal humanity, who often speaks devilish words, speaks to themselves, or speaks in insane terms, is possessed by an evil spirit.
9. Anyone who seems to go insane at times, who occasionally falls into a trance, or who is occasionally manic and cannot communicate normally with others, is possessed by an evil spirit.
10. Anyone who usually expresses themselves normally, but who can be provoked into bouts of insanity every few months or every year or two and appears to be identical to those possessed by demons, and who is still normal at times, is possessed by an evil spirit. (If someone had episodes of insanity many years ago, but has never had such an episode since, this is one who is no longer possessed by an evil spirit.)
People who are possessed by demons and are completely occupied and controlled by Satan belong to Satan and are cursed.
Excerpted from Work Arrangements